Just two and half years after breaking ground on the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, we’ve reached an incredible milestone in our redevelopment journey. Today is the day we can finally say “welcome to the new Peel Memorial.”
This morning we were so proud to officially switch on the lights, roll up the shades and open our doors to welcome patients to this innovative new facility.
You may notice that not all services will be available on day one. We’re taking a phased approach to opening services at Peel Memorial. Our administrative teams were the first to move into the building last fall along with Addictions Counselling, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Counselling and the Eating Disorders Clinic. Today, seven new services are available to patients:
- Urgent Care Centre (UCC) – A convenient alternative for non-life threatening injuries and illnesses
- Cardiac Diagnostics – Expertise and equipment to diagnose a wide range of heart conditions
- Mental Health Services – Central Intake Service and Transitional Aged Youth Services will support a growing need for mental health and addictions services
- Mental Health & Addictions Rapid Response Clinic – Patients are quickly connected with the services they need to meet their unique needs
- Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratories – High-tech diagnostic services including radiography, mammography, ultrasound, CT scans, bone mineral density tests, and laboratory services
- Urgent Medical Clinic – Urgent medical consults for patients that are referred from the UCC at Peel and patients referred from Osler-affiliated family physicians
- Pharmacy – Support the medication needs of patients receiving care at Peel Memorial
In addition to these services, the cafeteria and Tim Hortons is also open and ready to serve everyone at Peel Memorial.
As we start to welcome patients to our new facility, we are continuing to prepare for the final move-in phase in March and April. With all services open to the public by the end of April, Peel Memorial will be fully open for business.
To celebrate this final milestone, we’re planning a special ribbon cutting ceremony for the spring. More details will be shared closer to the event.
Until then, I’m pleased to say “welcome to the new Peel Memorial.”